Seasons

img_3654

Friends, I know this space has been deafeningly quiet of late, and I feel I am finally able to share the reason behind this silence.  For some time now, I had been experiencing a weightless free fall from which I was unable to land.  I have battled within the grips of anxiety for many years, but my mom’s sudden death opened up a hole in my life that has been a bottomless abyss through which I have been falling for some time. A few months ago I finally reached the bottom, and like a perennial plant, I remained dormant there for a season.

After this latency, I worked to push my roots through the hard clay soil, attempting to anchor myself.  Since then, I have been clawing my way out of this pit and I can now say,  I have returned to level ground and can feel the soft rays of sunshine upon my skin.

I am now prepared to begin the real journey, where I will work hard to spread my branches and stand tall, so I can then feel the full radiance of the sun upon my face.  Won’t you please join hands with me and come along into this season of new birth?

This entry was posted in Holistic Living. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Seasons

1. Cindy says:

Sending prayers&hugs&words of encouragement as you continue to grow roots….

2. BARB REWEY says:

I know your pain. Nurture your stems & flowers well, you will grow abound. Best Wishes, my friend.

3. Mary Baus Henderson says:

Beautiful!

4. Aunt Linda says:

Loved opening my email and seeing your blog again. Love you…..

5. Hugs Jamie! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! May your roots sink deep and you stand tall.

6. Kathy says:

Jaime, so happy you are back. Sometimes God puts us on our backs so we look up! I hope you can feel Him carrying you across the sand. Hugs and prayers. Kathy

7. Jcki says:

It’s been a while but I am so happy to see you back in this space. Your words are always so meaningful and appreciated and loved by all of us who read them. Welcome back Jaime. Sending you love and hugs always! 💜💜💜

8. Jcki says:

That should say from Jacki!

9. Wishing you all the best x Alicia