Whew. It has been one of those weeks. I know you all understand what I’m talking about…One of those weeks where all of a sudden you look at the calendar and realize multiple days have gone by without your noticing. Yes. That has been my week.
I think one reason for the craziness is I seem to have had my hand in a bit of everything this week. So, with that said, here is what I’m into this week…
- My girls had a few friends over and they made some Valentine’s Day ornaments using the “Salt Dough” recipe from Paula Deen’s My First Cookbook.
- I just finished reading Radical Homemakers by Shannon Hayes, and let me tell you, it is a fabulous book! It gave me a whole new perspective on homemaking as a means of ushering in social change. Amazing.
- I also just picked up another book by Shannon Hayes, Long Way On A Little. It contains great insight into the world of eating closer to the source, and also has a ton of great recipes and project ideas. Hopefully you will see some of this in action in upcoming posts.
- It’s not only non-fiction on my reading list this week, I also just started reading Gone Girl for my next book club gathering. It is a bit on the creepy side, but it is definitely a page-turner.
- A dear friend of mine just passed along this link to a great homemade fruit snack recipe. My youngest and I made four batches already this week and they are being gobbled up as fast as we can make them.
- I started a crocheting project with wool from this farm. It is working up nicely, and rest assured there will be a picture of the finished project coming soon.
- I’ve been perusing this thrift store and this one, and this antique mall lately for some new dishes. I’ve come home with a lot of cute sweaters…and not so many dishes…ha.
- My oldest daughter and I are looking forward to making quite a bit of cheese today with our kit from New England Cheesemaking Supply Company.
- I want to redecorate our main bathroom, and I’ve been looking to make this project as the focal point of the room.
- And last but certainly not least, I plan to try out two more pie recipes from A Year of Pies, my new favorite cookbook.